The story of the first wooden chairs made from antique wood hinges, which first appeared in an article published in the September 18, 1849, issue of The American Magazine of Science and Art.
When a team of furniture makers built the chairs, they didn’t know what they were doing.
They had no idea they would become one of the most influential inventions in the history of furniture.
But they did have an idea: The hinges would serve as the hinges of the next generation of furniture, the first of which would appear in the fall of 1855.
The hinge design became the hallmark of furniture design for the next century.
The story begins with a man named John B. Brown.
Brown, a prominent Chicago businessman, was born on June 1, 1837, in Chicago, the son of William Brown and Mary E. Brown (daughter of John Brown and his wife, Mary Ann).
He was the first child of William and Mary, a wealthy Chicago family, and their two daughters.
The family had a large estate, with over 1,000 acres of land.
Brown inherited the family business when he was just six years old.
After a period of growing up in poverty, he began working at his father’s factory in 1849.
In 1855, the Brown’s sold the factory to John B., the second son.
Brown took over as a partner in the company.
In 1861, he moved the company from Chicago to Springfield, Illinois, and began developing a new line of furniture that he named The B.C. Brown Company.
In 1862, Brown moved the manufacturing to Springfield and the company began expanding to Chicago.
In 1863, The B-B.C., also known as The Brown’s, merged with the Springfield B. C. Brown & Co., and renamed itself The Brown < Co. Brown designed a variety of products, including chairs, dining tables, and tables, which were sold in numerous specialty stores.
The company also produced accessories and clothing for the home, and in 1871, Brown sold his shares to James M. Brown of Chicago.
The Brown Company continued to expand and in 1889, the company sold its headquarters to a New York firm.
In 1893, Brown retired to Springfield.
In 1897, he and his son, William, sold the business to a new family, The Brown Co., which also purchased a Chicago business, The T. J. Brown Co. in 1899.
In 1901, the business changed names to The Biscuit Company, and it remained the sole maker of biscuit and biscuit-related items until 1906.
Brown moved back to Chicago, but he continued to manufacture and sell furniture until the Great Depression.
Brown sold the company in 1926, and he returned to Springfield in 1927.
Brown and the new family continued to operate as The B., B.T., and B.J. Brown’s.
In 1932, the B.B.B., as the company was called, merged its manufacturing with the Chicago B. Co., the largest family-owned furniture business in the United States.
The new company’s name was changed to The Brown, and the B-C.B.’s continued to develop furniture products.
In 1944, Brown and a partner, J. L. Brown Jr., began a partnership with Thomas J. F. Gurney, the founder of F. &: J. G. Furniture, Inc. in Chicago.
Together they established the Gurnez-Brown Furniture Company, a specialty furniture and office furniture company, that sold to John F. Sotheby’s, the global marketer of contemporary and classic furniture.
In 1949, Brown joined the business as a member of its Board of Directors.
In 1953, The F. B.
Co. purchased the Biscuits Company and renamed it The F B. <: Brown >: Co. As the company grew, Brown’s continued to produce furniture, including dining tables and chairs.
In the 1970s, the furniture business also expanded to include hand-me-downs, furniture from furniture factories in China, India, Vietnam, and Italy.
Co, a furniture manufacturer that has been a major component of the furniture industry for more than 70 years, expanded its manufacturing operations to Asia.
In 1997, the F.B.-B-B-C.-C.C.’s furniture division expanded its headquarters and created a manufacturing plant in China.
The China-based company was later acquired by an American company, the L.C.-P.A. Paints &.; Paint Company, Inc., in 2006.
The products sold in the new China factory include furniture, accessories, and furniture from various Chinese manufacturers.
In 2008, the family sold the manufacturing business to American conglomerate J.W. Brown-designed company, JW.
Wray &.: Wray, and a partnership of its employees and associates formed the J. W. Brown Furniture and